Columbia Manhattanville Project
Manhattanville Project News
The Columbia Manhattanville Project would provide for the creation of new educational, academic research, recreational and civic facilities through the rehabilitation of blighted and underutilized urban parcels and would benefit the City and the State of New York and the area of West Harlem by:
- Enhancing the City and State as centers for higher
education, premier graduate programs and scientific
- Enabling Columbia University in the City of New York
(“Columbia”) to maintain its position as one of the
foremost educational and cultural institutions in the
- Creating new employment opportunities while
solidifying Columbia’s status as one of New York City’s
largest private employers.
- Furthering scientific research, including research
into neurological ailments such as Alzheimer’s disease.
- Creating much-needed, park-like open space in the area. Columbia is a non-profit corporation, the seventh largest private employer in the City of New York, and a prominent educational institution with an excellent financial rating and extensive experience developing academic facilities.
ESD Office of Public Affairs