International Division Vision Statement
To supplement New York State's (NYS) economic leadership with international trade and investment initiatives that improve global competitiveness for New York State companies.
- To help New York State companies increase exports and expand the visibility of their business in the global marketplace.
- To develop and maintain our valuable network of partners worldwide to attract foreign direct investment and create jobs for New Yorkers.
- To simplify the process of international trade from New York State.
Empire State Development
Empire State Development (ESD) is New York State's lead economic development agency. The organization, with co-headquarters in Albany, Buffalo and New York City, is supported by a network of additional ESD locations throughout the state and around the world.
Empire State Development is committed to being recognized on a global scale as the economic development engine driving job growth, strategic investment and prosperity in New York State. ESD is intent on paving the way for New York State to become the leader of the innovation economy and one of the most business friendly, productive and competitive economic development climates in the world.
We employ seasoned and knowledgeable professional staff in
international offices throughout the State, who
are experts in international trade and global business
development. Professional staff in regional and
international offices dedicated to helping businesses engage
in the global marketplace
Empire State Development’s International Division offers 3 principal strengths to ensure that companies receive the guidance and support they need to bring their products to the global market.
- With 14 offices worldwide, in every continent and every major market, ESDC staff has the global expertise to assist your company.
- Our range of technical and financial assistance programs help companies of all sizes reach the international market.
- Experienced staff provides export counseling and educational
programs to help your top executives expand into new areas.